Teaching History Through Art to our Youth

Spreading our culture to youth is one of my loves and I will continue to do it to help our children "see" their awesome strength and beauty."  My latest Black History Adventure was at Grand Crossing Library.  I did a dramatization of Sojourner Truth's "Ain't I a Woman" speech at the Ohio Women's Convention Center in 1851.  We talked about freedom--women's rights and the rights of slaves to be free.  We also discussed how slaves used symbols and patterns in quilts to escape to freedom then we made paper quilts ourselves of those patterns.  I have uploaded the pics on this page.  


Next event is Poetry and Poetry forms in April---and work w/seniors for Asian American Month in May.  We'll probably make gorgeous paper fans.  Many ideas a brewing----can't tell you though, you'll just have to come and check us out.

 "Be always artistically focused and life beautiful"......smooches!!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ATTENTION, ATTENTION! I'm Breaking All the Rules

Boredom is Just An Excuse for Not Living!