In Honor of the Proverbs31 Woman

Proverbs 10:14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

In honor of this amazing woman, I decided to take a nutrition class to learn all I could regarding nutrition.  It appears that she went out of her way to bring the best produce to her family.  

The class was 6 weeks long and I received a certificate showing that I learned something but really it takes time and patience to learn because it's ongoing.

Albeit, I did learn some valuable information.  Some I already knew about and some that caught me off guard.  For example, I got a list of herbs and spices to use to cook with instead of a lot of salt.  Now, I know about herbs and spices but this info broke it down so that I would know what herbs and spices go well with what foods.  Lovin it!

All a woman has to do is cook, right....well true, but it's good to have information that keeps you from making unnecessary mistakes.  And even if you're an at home chef, it doesn't hurt to keep learning and building your skills on food and nutrition for yourself, family and friends.

TOP 20 Salad Recipes - So many delicious (and HEALTHY) recipes!! #food #summereats #salads
From the the Proverbs 31 Woman scriptures, she searched for the best foods so that she could feed her family.  Why is this important?  Because without good health, it is difficult at best to just navigate the daily grind of life, let alone enjoy it.

Nope, I'm not a chef and I don't pretend to be one but I'm learning to cook fresher and choose recipes that call for fresh foods....not fast foods, or lots of junk and packaged foods.

Who knows, we might be eating foods that are slowly killing us.....if nothing else it's making us fat Americans.

We all have a love hate relationship with food......we love it but we hate that we have to be careful about what we eat.  Not only that, when we get sick, we should be choosing natural foods over high fat and sugar laden cough syrups.  The bible even says that the herb of the tree is for healing.

  
Ezekial 47:12
And on the banks, on both sides of the river, there will grow all kinds of trees for food. Their leaves will not wither, nor their fruit fail, but they will bear fresh fruit every month, because the water for them flows from the sanctuary. Their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for healing.”

I won't preach.....just sharing information to help us all get up to God speed.....practical, good steps to move forward.  I'm on a journey.....won't you join me?

Here is a link to pinterest healthy foods.......Enjoy! http://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=healthy%20recipes

and a link to a blog recipe from a chef: http://alifewellfed.wordpress.com/salad-in-a-sandwich/

Here's wishing you a healthy, prosperous and beautiful life.....because when we know to do better, we do better.

Smooches!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ATTENTION, ATTENTION! I'm Breaking All the Rules

Boredom is Just An Excuse for Not Living!