This Art Life is a Challenge-but I'm Movin Forward

Haven't communicated with your guys in a long time so I need to give many updates.

What's the 411.....well, the hope is I'll be crafting now for JoAnn Fabrics.  I'm excited.  I'll be doing beginning classes but it's a great start, such as sewing, crocheting and even jewelry making.  I've also been involved lately with the CPL Innovation Lab.  The classes are free and use digital imaging to carve 3D models of images via laser intensive machines.  I'm also taking classes at Lurie Gardens.  My first one is Candle-making Inspired by Nature.  I'm still working it out at the Center for Green Technology and their upcoming classes.  You can never learn too much, another one of my motto's.  Finally, I'm planning on teaching how to create unique and original tablescapes for the holidays at the Library and I'm involved in another free art project with the Woman Made Gallery.

My most prized accomplishment is the picture I'm making for my daughter's dorm room.......got some ideas rolling around......working on it.  Pics to follow.


Many challenges haven't stopped me but I will say this, it's been the ride of my life.  Oh, I forgot.....I just finished my C3 Environmental Project on Creating a Healthy Home--Toxins in the Environment.

I also did another family art project....teaching how to decorate frames for family heirlooms or just to decorate your home.  These young people and adults were awesome!  Thank you for the experience.
She was very methodical about her design



Getting started with painting the frames.
This parent came with his children.



Drawing out his designs.
Playing around with glitter glue.



The beginning of the creation.
Final projects



Diego's football frame.
Fancy huh?



The father's final frame.
Interesting design.

We decided to cover one in fabric.


Fabric animal with symbols







































During the summer I had the pleasure of teaching 30 something kids about textiles and adinkra symbols from the motherland through creating original place-mats .....I was asked to do this through the library but was surprised by the fact that I would be having 30 kids....all went well....they are budding artists and geniuses in the making.  Kids always make you see the obvious in life....what's really important.
They are always eager aren't they?
Example of some of the finished work.
The stamping process.





All smiles.
A little touch of blue.
He choose mainly textiles for his piece.
I think he just likes taking pictures...LOL



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ATTENTION, ATTENTION! I'm Breaking All the Rules